Friday, June 27, 2008

NYC

I am in New York City at the Salisbury Hotel. I am having a wonderful time! Yesterday, I went to times square and spent a beautiful afternoon just walking around Central Park. I learned that if you are using a portable GPS, to also carry a compass as your walking speed will not be fast enough to locate which direction you are going. The orientation of the GPS map will be wrong I.E. you will be given wrong directions. Also, GPS satellites won't penetrate the tall (and these babies are TALL) buildings downtown. The streets go East & West and the Avenues go North & South.

I have my first rehearsal today in Carnegie. I think I am ready. Today I might hang around the harbor and catch a glimpse of Lady Liberty. When I get back, I will interview the director of the concert for the musicteachers911 podcast. 

No comments: