Wednesday, May 21, 2008

different drummer

The performance last night was at the Packard Museum. It was for Fox TV. The event was very classy (open bar, dinner, big band) 

I played the drums with the band. It was interesting because I hadn't played the drums with a big band in over thirty years. 

Everyone said that I played great, but I found something out. After playing melodic instruments for so long, drums are pretty boring. I have to play with the band again this Sunday and that should be the last time for a long time. I am also spoiled because drums are such a pain to move and set up. I also don't like playing hunched over. (sore back next morning). 

On the plus side. My friend Bill Hauer tuned the drums and they sounded very good. I still like electronic drums better, but big band musicians hate them. 


No comments: