Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two quick and easy performance tips

I just got an email message from a musicteachers911 podcast listener. It said,

"What advice do you have for guitarist that; after 10 years, has finally hit a playing plateau?"

(I replied,)

Join a band in which you are by far the worst player. This will force you to "up your game" faster than anything else I know.

Within minutes I had his response. "not interested in joining any bands. What else you got?"

OK, now I start pushing my chair back away from the laptop.

(this is going to require a little thought)........

After a few pensive moments, I write,

"Video record yourself as often as possible. Then review it with very critical eyes and ears.
You will be your harshest critic. When you are happy with what you see and hear, chances are that your audience will be too."

His reply?

I will certainly give it a try.


Good Gigging!

Larry Marra
www.musicteachers911.com







No comments: