Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blinded by the light

While performing at an outdoor venue on a cloudless day with a swing band last evening, the band leader placed our stands directly facing the setting Sun. As soon as I sat down to arrange the first few numbers on the music rack, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to read the scores. A quick trip to the car for a baseball cap (embroidered with "musicteachers911") fixed the problem.

As soon as I returned, the entire rhythm section asked if I had extra caps as they were facing (pun intended) the same problematic situation. Another minute later and they were all outfitted with caps as well.

Since I drive a convertible, I usually keep a few caps in the car for the Summer. After last night, I decided to keep some caps in the car for the entire year.

good gigging!

Larry Marra
www.musicteachers911.com

No comments: