Sunday, August 16, 2009
top five biggest mistakes
Here is the short list of the top five biggest mistakes that I have seen when performing with professional groups.
1. Do not play your instrument between songs. Practice at home.
2. Return from the breaks a little beforehand. Don't make the band leader chase you down.
3. Arrive early enough to be completely set-up and relaxed before the performance starts.
4. Assist the drummer and band leader set up and tear down their equipment. Even if you only take an extra trip with extra stands or the band library, the effort might be enough to impress the leader to call you more frequently.
5. Do not over eat (and especially over drink) at venues that provide free refreshments.